The Easiest Way to Look Good, Have Healthy Teeth and Save You a Ton of Money.
Here are some common reasons why Dr. Russell D. Borth believes one of the best things you can do for your health and success is to brush and floss regularly.
- Make a great first impression. Dirty, discoloured or damaged teeth are obvious and make for bad first impressions. Nothing says success like a healthy, clean smile.
- Look awesome. Teeth get noticed – all the time.
- Smell good. Bad mouth odour can be caused by bacteria in your mouth, that regular brushing and flossing removes.
- Be healthier. Good oral hygiene reduces the risk of mouth diseases and tooth decay, which can then lead to many other and more serious problems which can affect your ability to chew properly and eat the foods you want.
- Be even more healthy. Need more? It’s been shown that good oral hygiene can prevent certain types of bacteria from entering the bloodstream from your mouth that can adversely affect your heart.
- Save a ton of money. Serious dental complications can be expensive to fix and you can’t avoid dealing with them – you need your teeth!
Daily brushing and flossing help maintain healthy teeth and gums, freshen your breath, save your teeth and improve your dental & overall health.
It also helps reduce plaque, the leading cause of tooth decay and gum disease. Plaque is a sticky colorless film of densely packed bacteria which is constantly forming on your teeth. Flossing helps to remove plaque from the in-between areas of your teeth; places your toothbrush can’t reach.
General Tips about Brushing and Flossing:
- Use toothpaste with fluoride. Brush at least twice a day
- Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles. Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or sooner if the bristles are worn.
- Floss at least once a day, preferably before bed.
- Limit sugary and acidic snacks and drinks.
- Don’t use your teeth as tools! They are not string breakers, bottle openers or purse holders.